The future of call centers is here, and it's speech analytics!
With the help of natural language processing, you can address the problems that challenge call center managers when managing remote employees. The goal is to concentrate on what is critical: the customer journey that includes both customer dissatisfaction and continuous customer support for your product or service.
In this post, we’re going to discuss some pointers on how speech analyzing tools can help run any kind of contact center more efficiently.
What is Speech Analytics?
Speech analytics is a tool that uses audio patterns from a recorded phone conversation, to identify emotions and stress levels, as well as other data.
Businesses can now gain incredible insights from their employees' conversations, thanks to recent advances in speech analytics solutions. Because these recordings are much richer than text-based data, managers can get a better grasp of what is taking place within their organization and how it affects customer satisfaction and customer interactions both on-site or remotely.
Having more detailed information about internal processes - such as wait times, customer satisfaction, customer expectations, and method of interaction, etc. - at your fingertips, you'll be able to make smart business decisions based on reliable data.
How Does Speech Analytics Work?
Speech analytics processes, transcribes, and analyzes unstructured audio data from customer phone calls.
1. Data processing
Speech analytics combines ASR, NLP, machine learning, transcription, tonality-based sentiment analysis, and algorithms to analyze human speech.
2. Customer sentiment analysis
Speech analytics detects customer sentiment through live voice call recording and processing. It masks credit card numbers, SSNs, and other PII (PII) for regulatory compliance. Keyword spotting can detect pre-determined customer words.
3. Generating insights
Call quality, agent performance, sentiment, compliance monitoring, and trend identification are analyzed in detail.
What Are the Types of Speech Analytics?
Speech analytics is divided by when audio data is analyzed.
Speech analytics in real time
Live customer phone calls can be analyzed using real-time speech analytics. This provides agents with immediate access to critical information that can be used to boost customer service. Real-time analytics provide a comprehensive picture of customer interactions and trends based on vocal cues as well as spoken words. Post-call speech analytics Voice call post-processing can be used to analyze interactions, identify keywords, and establish custom text classification models to help develop future customer support methods and practices. Real-time speech analytics vs post-call speech analytics
Because post-call speech analytics tools are prescriptive, they are critical for quality control and assurance. Customer support managers and contact center agents must be able to see critical data like frequent queries and agent performance in real time.
Real-time speech analytics technologies can help live operators handle client issues more efficiently right away, allowing you to monitor current discussions. When real-time coaching and assistance are provided with real-time call quality monitoring, agent performance improves significantly. This may help your employees to better understand the caller's true purchasing purpose and attitude.
Top 8 Speech Analytics Tools in 2022
The future of speech analytics will be focused on producing transcription-focused products, as it will provide the industry with the knowledge required to optimize conversation direction and emotion recognition. This is why we've created the top eight speech analytics software options for 2022:
- Ender Turing
How Did We Collect Our Data?
To provide a balanced, comprehensive, and rich understanding of each tool's principal advantages and weaknesses, we compared three primary sources:
- Reviews: blogs, comparison pieces, and user review websites with substantial traffic.
- Ratings: All ratings are sourced from the G2 website, one of the most popular software review sites with over 5,2 million monthly visitors.
- Official developer's sites: For up-to-date information on pricing, special features, and technical details, we consult the websites of each listed software developer.
How Did We Rank These Tools?
We chose five criteria to adequately compare customer interaction analytics via analyzing the 5 selected tools, and give users a comprehensive overview of customer experience and agent experience recorded:
- Pricing: The optimum balance of value and cost-effectiveness is what to seek, and we've taken this factor into account.
- Rating: We used G2 rating to score the tools listed. G2 evaluates the best business software and services, including CRM, ERP, HR, CAD, PDM, and marketing.
- Free trial: It’s important to try out the product and determine whether it is a suitable solution for you without spending a lot of money.
- Languages supported: The number of languages supported in a tool is indicative of the tool’s vision and availability to a broader audience.
- Advanced features: Some of the tools on this list let you analyze speech, but some push the boundaries more than others. We checked all of those additional features.
1. Ender Turing
- Pricing: Starts at $39/month per user
- G2 Rating: Not rated yet
- Free trial: Yes, 14 days
- Languages supported: All European languages in addition to English and Mexican Spanish.=
- Advanced features: Conversations scoring, CRM integration, Event automation, Instant search, Self and Peer coaching tool, Supports 24 languages
Ender Turing is a powerful conversion intelligence solution that directs your sales and customer service teams to more significant revenue and improved customer service. Essentially, using Ender Turing should help you improve sales by analyzing customer calls, addressing sensitive data, and bringing high-quality business insights, following.
With speech AI technology, which analyzes and transcribes all sales calls, chats, and video meetings, you can identify your top performers, pinpoint the source of conversational issues, and give every employee self-coaching best practices. In addition, Ender Turing lets you program the software to categorize the speaker's emotions, intentions, and most frequently used words to get a handful of valuable data you can use to improve your business.
The detailed reports by Ender Turing are simple to comprehend and alter, allowing you to learn more about:
- Individual sales reps’ performance
- Sales reps’ skills that need improvement
- Patterns that lead to the closing deal
Such benefits can help you provide efficient sales coaching strategies to your salespeople. Just link feedback to the precise location of the interaction and send it out through notifications for pressing issues.
Sounds interesting? Book a 30-minute demo – no strings attached, and see why customers keep trusting us!
- Pricing: Starts at $0.01 cents / minute
- G2 Rating: 5/5
- Free trial: Allows no credit card sign-up for a free account and up to 50 hours of speech-to-text-translation
- Languages supported: German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Afrikaans, Danish, and Dutch
- Advanced features: Predictive analytics, multichannel voice analytics, knowledge extraction, custom vocabulary, PCI PII redaction, and more
VoiceBase provides AI-powered speech analytics solutions that unlock data points from calls and text channels. These valuable insights are used for analyzing customer behavior, lowering costs in contact centers through automatic redaction, or analyzing the voice to better serve them with personalized information about products/services available at your company's website.
You can connect to numerous BI and data warehousing technologies using Voicebase which is a wonderful advantage of the tool.
- Pricing: Available upon request
- G2 Rating: 4.7/5
- Free trial: No
- Languages supported: English
- Advanced features: Supports integrations with various apps, captures communications and provides real-time nudges
For revenue intelligence and sales training, Gong is the pioneer in the voice analytics field. Gong has helped different size teams gain real-time insights into customer attitudes, lead health, and potential pitching opportunities to boost the conversion rate of leads.
Gong helps businesses realize their highest potential by unlocking reality. Give your teams and executives total visibility into all deals, team performance, and market developments by using the tool for collaborative forecasting powered by AI and data.
Customer-facing teams can take advantage of Gong's most valuable assets – client interactions that are automatically captured and analyzed by Gong's Revenue Intelligence Platform. As a result, revenue and go-to-market teams benefit from Gong's insights, which are available on a large scale.
To the extent that you require it, Gong may help your business in the following areas: sales, customer success, marketing, winning strategies, deal execution and forecasting based on reality, and even coaching.
Your customer service agents will be able to serve customers better and prevent churn with Gong's insight on customer journeys and account evolution.
Gong is trusted by many innovative firms, including LinkedIn, Shopify, Slack, and others.
- Pricing: Starts at $30.00
- G2 Rating: 4.6/5
- Free trial: Yes. Free for 14 days with signup
- Languages supported: English
- Advanced features: Variety of phone numbers, SMS for business, keyword-level tracking, custom call routing, automated call scoring, whisper messages, API & Webhooks, integrations with Google Analytics and AdWords, etc.
CallRail is phone software explicitly designed for today's marketers. This effective call-tracking solution identifies the precise marketing activity that resulted in each incoming call!
CallRail offers numerous useful metrics on various areas of phone interactions, but it doesn't stop there; it also handles transcriptions, lead scoring, call routing, and many other features. The company refers to it as conversation intelligence which delivers a powerful, automatic, and intelligent call analytics experience.
With CallRail, you'll know which ads or campaigns inspire your best leads to reach out to before picking up the phone. You can then invest more into marketing that moves your business forward with powerful analytics at hand, so it's easier than ever for callers looking for information on what services you offer them.
- Pricing: Custom pricing (Starts at $80 per agent per month)
- G2 Rating: 4.6/5
- Free trial: No
- Languages supported: English, Spanish
- Advanced features: AI-driven search, Built-in intelligence, Intuitive moments builder, and others
Observe.AI is an Intelligent Workforce Platform that changes contact centers by integrating AI into customer conversations, enhancing agent effectiveness, and automating procedures that boost revenue and customer retention. With Observe.AI, every contact center space can display intelligence across every engagement, providing employees with reasonably precise, actionable feedback via in-built coaching and evaluation workflows and improving essential business metrics at every customer touchpoint.
- Pricing: Talkdesk has 4 pricing editions: CX Cloud Essentials ($75 per user per month); CX Cloud Elevate ($95 per user per month) CX Cloud Elite ($125 per user per month); Experience Cloud - Price available upon contacting Talkdesk
- G2 Rating: 4.4/5
- Free trial: Yes. Free for 90 Days
- Languages supported: German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Advanced features: Talkdesk CX Cloud, Talkdesk Phone, Talkdesk Industry Experience Clouds, and more
Talkdesk is the cloud-based call center software of the next generation that enables you to communicate with your clients and develop stronger relationships with your consumers. The user-friendly interface has broad capabilities with advanced features, comprehensive reporting, and effortless integrations with more than 25 business applications, allowing sales and service teams to engage in personal, productive conversations with customers.
- Pricing: Available upon request
- G2 Rating: 4.4/5
- Free trial: Yes. Free for 3 days
- Languages supported: English, German, Spanish (Europe and Latin America), Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Chinese
- Advanced features: Complete & modern listening, action-oriented analytics, automatically surface meaningful insights
Medallia Experience Cloud is an award-winning SaaS platform that assists businesses in understanding, managing, and enhancing their customers', employees', and citizens' experiences.
Medallia has extensive capabilities for recording customer feedback and experience signals across all consumer touchpoints, including email, social, digital web and in-app, conversational messaging, and linked devices. And when integrated with operational and transactional data input into Medallia, companies can understand each touchpoint throughout each client journey.
Medallia Athena incorporates AI and Machine Learning into the platform, thereby discovering trends, revealing difficulties and new business prospects, and forecasting behavior to direct focus for smarter business decisions.
Medallia provides these insights in real time, enterprise-wide so that the voice of the customer can be included in the everyday decisions made by everyone, from the frontline to the C-suite. Using Medallia Experience Cloud, businesses can create tangible changes to the customer experience and staff experience, lowering churn, converting critics into promoters and purchasers, and establishing in-the-moment cross-sell and up-sell opportunities. All of these speech analytics results assist businesses in delivering clear and effective returns on investment.
- Pricing: Custom pricing
- G2 Rating: 4.3/5
- Free trial: No
- Languages supported: English, Simplified Chinese; French; German; Italian; Japanese; Spanish; Dutch; Brazilian Portuguese
- Advanced features: Auto transcription, Customer experience enhancement
Cloud-based Verint speech analytics tools enable customer experience (CX) teams to transcribe and analyze recorded or live calls. It allows experts to discover market trends by monitoring client feedback from interactive voice response (IVR) systems, SMS, and online surveys. Verint speech analytics helps managers measure customer churn rate, generate customized reports, assess the effectiveness of customer care agents, and execute online marketing. It provides numerous capabilities, including customer involvement, data import/export, quality monitoring, communication and data storage management, analytics, and compliance management. In addition, managers can utilize the program to coach customer care representatives based on their performance.
Speech analytics is becoming the norm for companies involved in sales, customer engagement, and call centers. Thanks to this new technology, the industry is about to see a lot more predictive data that can give insights into what people say, how they sound when calling or emailing you, and what they might expect out of the contact.
With the right customer data on your radar, if the customer loses interest you'll know why by using strategic insights and call recordings. Then, you'll be able to act quickly, repair the relationship and make sure all future interactions live up to customer experiences.
Ender Turing offers a 14-day free trial, giving you enough time to check it out and test its benefits! Try it now!
What is a speech analytics call center?
Call center speech analytics software can help businesses better understand their customers' needs by identifying keywords and phrases. This is achieved through a library that listens to the voices in call center environments according to specific criteria such as emotion or stress level. Every library is explicitly created for each user.
What is real-time speech analytics?
Real-time speech analytics technology interprets phone conversations and notifies representatives of the best things to say throughout each live call. Real-time speech analytics steer calls as they unfold, as opposed to typical speech analytic solutions that merely illustrate call data after the call. Check this blog out to see how to make the most of it.
Why is speech analytics important? The use of speech analytics solutions can help a business get an edge over its competition by getting customer insights into what people are saying about the company. This information could be used in training employees, providing customer service at all levels, and improving processes within your organization. So, if you are running a modern business, you should really consider subscribing to speech analytics solutions compatible with your company.
What is root cause analysis? Root cause analysis (RCA) is a methodical technique for determining the "root causes" of issues or incidences and a strategy for handling them. The fundamental tenet of RCA is that solving issues before they arise is more critical than merely "putting out fires" when they occur.